Monday, August 11, 2014

#edchatNZ Blogging Meme

Home from the absolute MAGIC of #edchatnz I am delighted to continue the connecting, reflecting, sharing, growing and learning in this blogging meme.  Thank you to Justine for challenging me for this adventure.  



If you get included in the blogging meme: copy/paste the questions and instructions into your own blog then fill out your own answers. Share on twitter tagging 5 friends.


1. How did you attend the #Edchatnz Conference? (Face 2 Face, followed online or didn't)
I was extremely privileged to attend both days face to face, travelling a round trip of 2,940km.

2. How many others attended from your school or organisation?
CORE was extremely well represented: Mark Osborne, Karen Melhuish-Spencer, Becky Hare, Michael Lintott, Carolyn Wilson, Catriona Pene, Tania Coutts, Sarah Dwan, Margot McKeegan, Nicki Tempero,  (11 – sure hope I didn’t miss anyone!  Please let me know if I have)






3.How many #Edchatnz challenges did you complete?
·      Endless selfies and grelfies;
·      Selfie with presenters;
·      Selfie with kids;
·      Tweeted like a nutter – retweeted and shared;
·      Danced on a chair;
·      Made a MAGICAL sculpture in Design Thinking;
·      Talking to anyone and everyone from everywhere;









4. Who are 3 people that you connected with and what did you learn from them?
Pam Hook – loved the simplicity and power of her session.
Craig Wilson – love the power of booktrack to create a different reading experience for our learners.  I think this is an area to explore with all learners.  (and I love my booktrack T-shirt – thanks)
Mandy Heim & Chhaya Naraya – sharing the story of the power of developing real relationships with all students, sharing the Alan November story;


5. What session are you gutted that you missed?
Nanogirl - Boost your Science Teaching Confidence but I am trying to catch up and know we will connect face to face sometime soon!

6. Who is one person that you would like to have taken to Edchatnz and what key thing would they have learned? 
I would have loved to have taken Pauline to #edchatnz!  She would have connected with so many educators and loved it!

7. Is there a person you didn’t get to meet/chat with (F2F/online) that you wished you had? Why
Agh, there are so many people I wished I’d met face to face!

Richard https://twitter.com/iPadWells I love your reflection on the conference - #Edchatnz – NZ leads Education


8. What is the next book you are going to read and why?
"Who owns the learning?" by Alan November as shared by Mandy Heim & Chhaya Naraya
“Key Competencies for the Future” by Rosemary Hipkins, Rachel Bolstad, Sally Boyd and Sue McDowall, as it is our first book for the inaugural #edubookchatnz this term – just ordered! 


9. What is one thing you plan to do to continue the Education Revolution you learnt about at #EdchatNZ?
Connect, share, learn, challenge, reflect and do it visibly!  I am blogging more, sharing more, connecting more….

10. Will you take a risk and hand your students a blank canvas?
As a team member, I will share this journey and encourage us to use a blank canvas when facilitating in schools.

Who do will I tag with this meme:
I tag:




No comments:

Post a Comment