Tuesday, January 13, 2015

MLP - Competencies and Dispositions

"Put simply, the world no longer rewards people for what they know - Google knows everything - but for what they can do with what they know."
The quote above is from Andreas Schleicher speaking at the Global Education and Skills Forum in Dubai.

I am just loving the complex interweaving of all that I am reading, discovering and learning currently.  My current read, A more beautiful question, is interplaying so nicely with my "Competencies and Dispositions' Module.  This interconnected web of learning strengthens my commitment to both areas, and enriches each.

The Global Achievement Gap: Why Even Our Best Schools Don't Teach the New Survival Skills Our Children Need--and What We Can Do About It 

Tony Wagner's list of skills students must have is well worth discussing as a staff.  If our learners need these skills, how are our programmes catering for this?
  • Critical thinking and problem-solving
  • Collaboration across networks and leading by influence
  • Agility and adaptability
  • Initiative and entrepreneurialism
  • Effective oral and written communication
  • Accessing and analyzing information
  • Curiosity and imagination
Insert image from facebook... maybe on desktop...

Insert graphic - 12st Century learner - from desktop...

Wow, check out these attributes.  How are our programmes allowing for the development of these skills and attributes?  How am I allowing for these skills and attributes as I plan for sessions with my schools?


No comments:

Post a Comment