Saturday, January 19, 2013

2013 - a new chapter...


17 January 2013 and here I am on first flight for the year… bound for Wellington.  Time to reflect on what has been in my life since my last post…
2012 was an incredible year.  I was back in the class travelling an amazing journey with my learners… We designed our own learning spaces, we brought in our own devices, we learnt face to face, and online.  We had fun learning together throughout the year.  We operated in an environment of respect and protect, (thanks Andrew Churches) respecting and protecting ourselves, others and intellectual property.  Within these boundaries it wasn’t really necessary for rules.
My e-fellowship took me on an amazing journey, collaborating with four amazing educators, imagining possibilities and innovating.  Travel to our Master Classes, conferences and educamps were real highlights in my year.
My NAPP journey gave me a real leadership boost and opened the world of principalship up as I had not seen before.  Early in the journey I realised that principalship was not something I would actively pursue at the moment.
Late in the year I began imagining possibilities and my quest for a new challenge began.  This dream became a reality when I won a role as Blended e-learning facilitator with CORE education.  I am still pinching myself to make sure it is real… I liken it to holding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!  My role officially commences on 28 January 2013 and I am counting down the days.  I am in awe of the opportunity to collaborate, share, learn and grow into and through this new chapter in my learning journey.
So here I am, on a flight at 6.50am bound for Wellington.  In store is a weekend adventure with Liz.  I am really excited to returning to Wellington, a city I have spent so much time in during my Master’s study.  I have so many fun memories and so many favourite haunts to revisit.  There will be sightseeing and shopping, laughter and fun…
Then Monday I reconnect with the marvellous e-fellows.  We have five days together in an apartment on the terrace with an amazing ICOT experience in store.  I am very excited about this International Conference of Thinking.  Life is a great big marvellous learning adventure…

1 comment:

  1. You at proof of the power of positive thinking, dreaming big and finding Magic everywhere. Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete