Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Room 4 Circus 2009


WOW, so sad Wikispaces is closing, but so delighted to find these treasures. Way, way back in 2009, our whole class was fully blended - working both face to face and online. Perhaps the best example of this was when we fully lived the circus dream, from planning, to auditioning, to acting out and reflecting on our performance. 
So glad I got the chance to copy this out.
Just the other day I ran into one of these amazing clowns and we shared many a fond memory about our learning journey together...  VERY special.... 

-Circus Reflection...
I felt...
- nervous because there was a big crowd said Kyle
- less shy because I remembered not to be shy, said Will
- excited because it was my first time performing in a circus said Matthew
- glad to perform in the room 4 circus again said Sinead 

- glad to perform in front of my parish Buddy and make her laugh said Jemma
- I felt scared walking on my stilts and I felt great honking my horn said Shannon
- I felt happy performing in front of my parish buddy said Courtland
- I felt nervous at the start then near the end I felt really happy said Olivia
- I felt very, very nervous performing in front of the whole school said Kymberlee
- So proud and exciting to be in a circus said Charlotte
I wondered...
- How many people were watching me said Kyle
- Who my Parish buddy was while I was performing said Sinead
- How many old people came to watch our funny act said Jemma
- If my Parish buddy was watching said Olivia
- I wondered if my parish buddys were coming said Kymberlee
- I wondered if my cousin came said luke
-I wondered if we did well said shannon
I tried...
- New things that I have never done before said Kyle
- New ways to try to make our act shorter said Sinead
- New things that would make people laugh in my act said Jemma
- To get things right said Harry
- I tried to add new things to the puppet act said Olivia
- I tried to get ideas for my act said Kymberlee
- To get things right and to do my best and make it short said Charlotte

I learned...
- it’s hard to cut down time from our circus to save time said Kyle
- Parish buddies don't like too much noise said Jemma
- it is hard to perform to heaps of people said Sean
- don't turn your back to the audience said Braydon
- that you have to make your act interesting said Sinead
- that you have to come to the front of the stage so the audience can hear you said Olivia
-that our our parish buddys don't like to much noise said Kymberlee
-I learned that performing in front of an ordince is fun said shannon
- To get thing ready on time said Charlotte
I used...
- all my talents to make new acts said Kyle
- my spare time to practice my acts said Jemma
- my skills said Harry
- some talents I didn't know I had said Olivia
- all my talents and teamwork said Kymberlee
- all my thingking t
- all my skills and talents said Sinead
- My best skills said Charlotte

You can only imagine how proud I am of you all. What an amazing performance today!!! You are all sensational. You were very entertaining. I can't wait to share the photos and video with you all on Monday...


Are you getting ready?

Check out the programme and let me know if there are any changes please!

Circus Personnel 

Stage Managers: Olivia, Cayden, Charlotte 

Music: Mrs K 

Backstage Manager: 

Lighting Controller: Wilson, Ryan 

Props: Will, Kymberlee 

Front of House: Callum, Kymberlee, Connor 

Circus Programme: Shannon, Luke 




Today you will see:
Ringmaster 1 Harry 
Ringmaster 2 Sinead 
Ringmaster 3 Rylee 
Ringmaster 4 Maddy 
Photographer – Kyle 
Water clown – Jorge 
Noisy – Shannon 
Buzzy –Charlotte 
Sounds Alive Circus 
Madison, Braydon, Cayden, Ryan, Connor, Bradley 
The circus is in town 
Room 4 
Rag doll 
Callum, Harry, Braydon, Wilson, 
Jolly jugglers 
Rylee and Will 
Bradley and Ryan 
Tom and Cayden 
Sean and Courtland 
Callum 
Tappityy tap tap – Mrs K and Mrs F 
Fun land 
Sinead, Kymberlee, Rylee 
Orcatastrophe 
Callum – harmonica 
Olivia – recorder 
Harry – guitar 
Rylee – guitar 
I’m tricky the clown 
Sean, Sinead, Callum, Harry 
You think you are so good 
Wilson, Will, Kyle 
Biker boys 
Ryan, Jorge, Kyle 
Hula hoopers 
Jorge, Madison, Connor 
Tumbling down 
Wilson, Courtland, Will, Tom 
The human puppet 
Olivia and Jemma 
Squeaky pow 
Bradley, Connor, Madison 
Snake charmers 
Maddy, Jemma, Jorge, Braydon 
Scaredy pies bubblelicious 
Cayden, Luke, Shannon, Madison 
Party poopers 
Sinead, Rylee, Maddy, 
Fizzy pop 
Kymberlee, Charlotte, Matthew 
Pyramid paradise 
Gymnasts 
Magic stuff 
Courtland, Kyle, Luke, Tom 
Who will let the clowns out? 
Tom, Harry, Sean 
High walkers 
Shannon, Sean, Luke 
No breaking allowed 
Kyle and Will 
Wonky donkey 
Whole school 
Thank you for coming to our amazing, extraordinary Circus. 
What have we got?
Cool Circus music!
Tricky the clown lip synch
Ringmaster
Tightrope walkers - Maddy, Rylee, Sinead
Bubble blowing clown - Cayden, Luke, Madison
Photography - Kyle
Water clown - Jorge
Gymnast clowns Sort out acts
Puppeteer/puppet - Jemma, Olivia
Stilts Stilt walker
Guitar - Sinead More circus instruments
Rubber hammer - Connor Act
Pie throwers - Luke and Shannon - Story?
Poem recital - Courtland Actors
Clowns in boxes routine Actors
Headstands - Will and Wilson Act
Fizzy treat - Kymberlee and Charlotte Tray, lemonade, food colouring
Balancing - Maddy More balancers??
Jugglers - Bradley, Ryan, Braydon,
Hulahoop dancers - girls
Magicians - Harry and Kyle
Dancers
Jokes
Magic tricks
Tricycle race
Balloon bursting
Balancers
Gymnasts
Trick handshakes
Table tricks
Feather duster tickles
Copycat
Musician
Invisible dog - Charlotte

We need:
Stage Manager
Music Manager
Backstage Manager
Lighting
Front of house - welcoming
Ringmasters - one boy one girl
Programme creator
Mime coach

Click on this link to check out what you can do for our circus. Add your name to any of the acts you can do. Remember to think about your talents and choose what you would really like to do.

I am extremely impressed with the effort you have put into preparation for our circus.
We now need to make sure we all have acts we are working on in groups.
There is no I in team!!!
We need to research clowns and acts to make sure we fully understand our role.
When will you practise?
What props will you need?

What do we need in our rubric?
Who will be ringmaster?
Who will be prompt? director?
Who will write the programme?
Who will make the poster to advertise our circus?

How will we plan for our Parish Buddy circus?




 








No comments:

Post a Comment