Sunday, May 27, 2012

The MAGIC of Core e-fellow Master class two…


As with many opportunities, the excitement and learning began well before the main event.  The five of us counted down to our Master Class and re-invigorated and enthused and inspired each other.  Meeting at Christchurch Airport on Thursday morning was magical and our learning discussions f2f ramped up.  We excitedly chatted our way through the first morning sharing our learning journeys and inspiring each other all over again.  The real MAGIC of sharing across the sectors, levels, curriculum areas, and inquiries is in the power of the discussion – how could I use that to empower my learners… We shared our current learning journeys in our classes, our experiences with conferences and educamps and much, much more.  



We toured the South Learning Centre where I was inspired anew by the innovation and openness of shared learning spaces within Christchurch.  The learning space welcomes all and is a true communal space, hosting meetings, browsings, readings, learnings, teachings, and more… 
Back at CORE office we met with Eric Woods from Imaginality and my enthusiasm for augmented reality was again ignited.  I really must follow up on the potential of this with some of my very enthusiastic learners…



A night eluminate session with current and past e-fellows was a great change to gather online.  We were able to hear and feel Dorothy Burt’s passion for the Manaiakalani project.  It was also surreal to link with past e-fellows.
Back at our accommodation the five of us talked, inspired, shared, and chatted into the night.  The connection and power of sharing is tangible. 
Day two started with a fabulous shared breakfast and a wonderful session with Susie Vesper.  I love that no matter how much we think we know, or use, we are only scratching the surface of the wealth of resources and support available.  The key is to see a need or purpose and grab any tool or opportunity to enable more for our learners. 

A real highlight of our Master Classes is the ‘Soul Session’.  DK introduced us to it last time and we were privileged to enjoy another session.  

http://rachelboyd.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/soul-session-ignite-inspire-amuse.html

After lunch we were treated to a great session with Emma and Janet around the e-fellowship follwed by a skype with Jane Nicholls on the power of edtalks.
At 2.46pm the ground howled, the table shook and the earth rumbled and hissed and spat… In a nano second I left the table, leapt a heater and cowered in the corner of the room.  This was a very defining moment.  I realised in that moment that I was petrified!  I was shocked at my reaction… I was shocked to realise that all of those who have remained in Christchurch live with this as a part of daily life…


Today as I fly home I am struggling with the turbulence on the flight.  Definitely too bumpy for drinks on the flight… AGHAGH the pilot has just announced that the current cross wind at Dunedin Airport is above the allowable for landing and if we are not successful we are diverting back to Christchurch… my fear is reignited……………………………………..  We have one chance to drop in before we return… Time to shut down the laptop!
Well, here I am, and yes we made it in.  I was petrified, and my stomach was looping the loop.  But constantly, over and over in my mind was this image…

There is only room for one… so I chose faith – faith in the pilot, faith in the plane, faith in everyone involved!  I have been challenged twice in the last few days by Mother Nature.  I am shocked at my lack of resilience.  I am continually learning so much about myself.  I am working to get the balance right..

No comments:

Post a Comment