Thursday, July 4, 2013

I LOVE MY JOB


I really do love my job...
I just have to share a spot of MAGIC from my week! 
I arrived at a school and was working away with a staff member when one of the new entrants spotted me! He called out hey it's Mrs Blog! Well I've been called a lot of things in my time but this is a new one!  He then proceeded to share with me everything he thought was vitally important to add to the blog since he'd last seen me! How cool is that!   Suddenly the learners see their new blog as a vehicle for sharing their learning journeys with others.  They want to tell their story, they want to connect, they want to share, they want their voice to be heard.

As I reflect on this I think about the impact of my experiences with these learners.
At the start of e year when I took this role I knew that I would really miss the kids! I do miss the kids, but now I am getting into classes a lot more and I have a lot of time working alongside learners!  They never cease to amaze and inspire me!  

This week I also had the privilege of working with another group of learners who have a brand new blog.  They have recently had a number of snow days and one of the learners had the privilege to share his snow days via the blog and link back to an Otago Daily Times article about their adventures.  The layers in this kind of sharing are really amazing! What a wonderful vehicle the blog is...







4 comments:

  1. Mrs Blog,
    Brilliant! Love reading your journey Anne, I think it is fantastic and Magic how you are inspiring student and teachers alike as we are all learners, it is just some of us have forgotten it though.
    Luke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Luke, you are amazing! I think we have almost managed to comment on each other's blogs at the same time. I LOVE your timelapse adaptation... guess what I'll be sharing! I can't wait to hear how your next journey goes.
      Thanks again
      AK

      Delete
  2. That's the real magic isn't it - getting into the classrooms and connecting with teachers and the kids! Sounds just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, yes it really is MAGICal working with learners. I love it! Hope all is well with you! Looking forward to some more catchup time next term.
      AK

      Delete