Saturday, September 21, 2013

12 days til we depart for Paris….

(Just found this post draft and couldn't resist posting it.... I really need to find time to post the rest of our incredible adventure....)


Well, I think this is the very first time I have committed words to the blog around our big trip.  It is only twelve sleeps til we depart for Paris.  I can hardly believe that a lifelong dream and visiting Paris and Venice are on the horizon.  I thought it would be good to start sharing the build up and looking forward to the journey.
So far the things I am looking forward to most are:
·      A holiday away with Grant
·      Seeing the Eiffel Tower
·      Travelling up the Eiffel Tower
·      Cycling around Monet’s garden
·      The night time illumination tour of Paris
·      Walking around and soaking up all the sights and sounds
·      Visiting Rome
·      Getting a sense of history in Rome
·      The leaning tower of Pisa
·      The five fishing villages (strangely this is the thing I am most looking forward to – I think the photos I have seen have given it a MAGICal quality)
·      Venice
·      Singapore (As long as the air there has cleared a lot)
I do not remember Grant and I ever having three weeks away together and I am really looking forward to time talking, dreaming, planning, enjoying, and not thinking about work.  I am looking forward to exploring and relaxing, wining and dining.  I am looking forward to experiences different ways of life and taking a zillion photos along the way.  Most of all I looking forward to a relaxed time with Grant just enjoying our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment