Friday, December 27, 2013

Literacy online update - 20 December 2013


Kia ora tātou,

Week ten signals our final update for the year. It is a pleasure and a privilege to be part of Literacy Online and I have thoroughly enjoyed connecting with you this year.  

I would like to take this chance to wish you well for the end of the year.  I hope there is a fair amount of relaxing and reading for pleasure scheduled in your break time.  I have recently seen a couple of lists of holiday reading that you might be interested in following up on:

My copy of Reading in the Wild by Donalyn Miller arrived in the mail today.  I can’t wait to read this and the Book Whisperer over the break!

And although it is set for winter, here is another wonderful link to ideas to support your learners through the break from the Nerdy Book Club.  Top Ten Ways to Encourage Children to Read Over Winter Break by Katherine Sokolowski

The December Community newsletter is well worth a read too!

Best wishes for a safe and restful break

Mere Kirihimete

Anne Kenneally
Literacy Online Facilitator
CORE Education
@LiteracyOnline2

To post to the list email: literacy@lists.tki.org.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment