Thursday, January 8, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hi all,
First day back at work today for 2015 and I am in shock at how I have neglected my blog.  
I am wondering why this is the case.  I checked my updates on facebook and twitter too.  I notice that I have a significant increase in facebook usage and updates over the summer break with a coinciding decrease in blogging and twitter.  I think this is mainly attributable to my resolution to spend less time online over the summer.  Also, I facebook voraciously on my phone, but blog and tweet less.  So here I go committing a couple of goals for 2015.

Goal one: blog more - from my phone or ipad; they are all setup to go - no excuse there!  (very limited wifi on vodafone through summer was definitely a contributing factor, but a nice chance to be logged off and enjoy life without technology and read more books.)

Goal two: read more!  I took 9 books away with me over summer and read 5 and a half!  I am delighted with this effort and delighted to be back reading.  I am also delighted with the range of reads: fiction, non-fiction, autobiography... plus magazines!

Goal three: Sharpen the focus of my inquiry.  Thanks for my incredible support, I now see a complete new sharpened focus for my inquiry for 2015 and I am looking forward to recording this journey both on my private inquiry blog, and links here to RTC.

Goal four: Be in the moment. A number of things have happened over the break to make me increasingly aware of the complexity and fragility of time and life.  I am going for it.  I am living life to the full! "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather a skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!" 

So with these committed to my blog, off I go to undertake some professional reading in the sun for my inquiry!  Back soon with an update and another post about my Mrs Claus Santa MAGIC!


2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Anne!
    Love your goals - broad enough to encompass growth in all areas, specific enough to keep you focussed. I want to progress with a very similar set of goals this year too!
    Goal number 4 is all about mindfulness and I believe that's a HUGE trend - not just about being reflective, or planning, but about seizing opportunities and embracing every day's activities with gusto. Look forward to hearing about you "going for it" (#4) when you blog more (#1)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carin,
      Thanks so much for your comment! What a fabulous start to 2015 - in oh so many ways! The weather definitely wins the prize this year and because of that we have been out and about seeing so much more of the world! Hope 2015 has started exceedingly well for you too!
      Anne K

      Delete