Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Make my mihi 1

Wow, so delighted to be here in this space finally. I am catching up on a couple of week's worth of learning here now. 

Make my mihi

I am learning about a mihi, (acknowledging other people, greeting people in a room, greeting circumstances)  which precedes my pepeha, which is locating me, with maunga, awa. 

Over the six weeks we are going to work on 6 steps in our mihi. We will be looking at and thinking of who is in our room. 

Today I had the absolute privilege of working with Te Mako, who supported me with my mihi.

Tēnā tātou katoa e hui mai nei i tēnei ra.
Tēnā koe Hohepa mō te karakia
Tēnā tātou katoa mō nga waiata parekareka
Kei ngā nihowera naumunaumaā te kai
Tēnā koe Te Mako mō te akoranga hou moku
Tēnā tātou katoa

Tonight I am catching up and committing to uploading to the site. So proud to have uploaded a recording of week one. Woohoo, onwards and upwards...


No comments:

Post a Comment