Monday, March 11, 2013

MAGIC MAGIC day part two

I have to start this post with the MAGIC of this...



I am still in awe of the privilege of yesterday... No matter how many edtalks I have watched, reflected on or workshops or keynotes I have had with Kevin, the real MAGIC was in being alongside the engaging with the student learner... The power of the connection, passion and MAGIC in the room was tangible...  

I was privileged to view the varying levels of engagement... those uber keen to be upfront, those wanting to hang around the upfront kids, those hanging back and those firmly staying in the audience...  The real MAGIC was in the ultimate respect for each learner to be where they were with the challenge and welcome to engage and push themselves.  To see what is really possible when you reach your learners is what I miss now that I am not in class.  The opportunity to walk with your learner...



How do we make sure all our learners have the opportunity to share their talents?  This kid is oozing talent.  Imagine the inspiration he can be for others... Imagine what is possible building a culture of performance...

For me, now is the time to walk in the path of adult learners... I am very excited about this opportunity.  I am inspired to ensure I do all in my power to listen to the educators I work with, and ensure they have their chance to shine and share!  I really feel this clip can never be shared too often...



What a privilege to work with Kevin.  Check out his website here and look out for his return visit to New Zealand in June!  
What a privilege to meet Joanne in Christchurch at the weekend and hear the buzz from the session with Kevin.  Then to catch up with Karen and feel the vision and the opportunities.  

A HUGE thank you to Karen for letting me celebrate the journey.   I am in awe of the learners.  

No comments:

Post a Comment