Friday, March 22, 2013

NAPP – Coaching and Mentoring Through Partnership…

What an incredible privilege to be in the room with the 2013 NAPPsters… 
I have an incredible amount of empathy for the NAPPsters and relate to the infowhelm they are currently experiencing! It is so clear in my memory from the journey I walked in 2012!

I am loving the opportunity to refocus my thinking and re-live the coaching session…

I am enjoying listening to Jill Lunn sharing the power of the listening and coaching in the journey. 

It is always a challenge to take an idea further through listening and reflecting.  To take a situation from clutter to clarity, identify the three main areas of concern, and prioritize them.

When you have prioritized your situation make sure you repeat the mantra “I need to be IN the change…” The answers are within us and with the support of a buddy we must take time to find them out.  This aligns beautifully with the wisdom in the room philosophy of educamps.

I am enjoying the opportunity to re-look at the Coaching and Mentoring Through Partnership by Jan Robertson…
·      Why partnership?
·      Active listening…
·      Reflective interviewing…
·      Self-assessment
·      Goal setting
·      Setting objectives and goals
Sticking with the WHY? Focus clearly on the why… enabling deep reflection…

As always I am relating this session today to my current situation.  How can I use the coaching model to focus my inquiries this year?  How can I share this with my schools? When I develop a page on the VLN for my schools I can share links to Jan’s coaching model.  I can actively listen to educators sharing their inquiry.  I can assist with reflective interviewing and walk alongside my schools as they set manageable objectives and goals. 

My session sharing with the NAPPsters was around the use and maneagability of the online environments they must work in.  Ironic that this was to be without access to the internet.  I was able to share my passion for everbody having a voice and making sure our voice is heard.  Again I shared the clip Obvious to you, amazing to others…


I encouraged all to get onboard early with comments, interact and engage to establish conversation and collaboration.
Above all, the challenge is to make the journey manageable.  Make it a part of your life, a manageable part of your life.  Keep up with the required components.  I shared my favourite life quote – "If you learn, teach; if you get, give!"  Building on this I encourage the group to share their current expertise in online learning environments within the group and support each other to success!

Relating this to my current role, I know how powerful it is to maintain touch with the required components.  As soon as you tick of items on your to do list you are so open and ready for challenge and opportunities.  I am absolutely a ‘glass half full’ girl and I know that the world is full of MAGICal opportunities.  To engage in these opportunities requires an openness, and a willingness to show your passions, experiences, expertise and indeed your vulnerabilities!  I am incredibly privileged to be in such a supportive environment where I can do all of this.  Yes, I get embarrassed when I muckup, as I inevitably do from time to time, but if I treat every muckup as a chance to grow and learn and laugh at myself I will be richer for each experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment