Saturday, June 22, 2013

#educampchch I will make it through....

Well, what a day.... I had a flight booked for 7.20am which was cancelled and I was promptly re-booked on a flight at 8.20am so I celebrated with a bit of a sleep in and headed for the airport... As I was hopping out of the truck I got a text to say the flight was delayed til 8.50am so Grant dropped me off and I had a yummy breakfast in the koru lounge and worked online.... Rapidly it became clear that the weather was really closing in and I enjoyed watching the supreme effort of the boys clearing the runway.... 

As my flight time approached it became obvious that the plane I was boarding hadn't arrived from Christchurch! Then came the announcement that the flight was cancelled. Thanks to the gorgeous staff in koru I was rapidly rebooked on the 10.05 flight.... The airport which had been full up until that point, with people perched on every available seat, bench or floor space began to empty out as flight after flight was cancelled.... Then mine was cancelled and the next seat out to Christchurch was on the 5.30pm flight. 
Grant came back for me and I continued with my work online and managed an extra bonus visit with mum! Greg and I even managed to complete our workshop session for next week! Finally back to the airport I went at 4.30 to be greeted by queues out the door and chaos as people scrambled for last seats and to get on their flights! I am completely and utterly in awe of all the AirNZ staff I came into contact with. They were visibly exhausted but continued to smile and treat everyone as a valued client! What a credit to you all!!!! CONGRATULATIONS on surviving today and leaving such a pleasant memory for us all! So I boarded my flight slightly late at 5.40pm only to be sitting on the plane when the entire terminal was plunged into darkness with a power cut,,, so another delay as we waited for the necessary paperwork.... And the still smiling staff handed us fudge as we waited.... So here I am, mid-flight..... #educampchch I will make it! What an incredible day! 
My lasting memories of the day are the incredible professionalism and compassion shown by all Air New Zealand staff and the pure MAGIC of a fully blended working role! Today is the fourth day my plans have been thrown into disarray with the snowstorms of this winter of 2013 and the work and learning and connecting continues.... What a privilege to be fully blended..... As we approach Christchurch I am eagerly anticipating the excitement of the undisclosed venue for the birthday celebrations tonight... And I am totally excited for all the MAGIC that #edicampchch will bring He tangata, he tangata, he tangata yes indeed it is the people all the way! And on that note, due to all the cancelled flights today I have met a whole lot of people who I likely would not have orherwise so again... Every cloud has a silver lining... And I mustn't forget the highlight of the day..... My first ever sneet.... Thanks Luke! 

No comments:

Post a Comment