Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Te Reo Manahua - Topic 2.0: Whakamārama mai

Today I am diving in:
I am particularly enjoying this clip challenging me to really articulate why and what I am doing.

1.     KNOW WHY YOU’RE DOING IT
As a New Zealander I am learning reo because it is the language of NZ.  It is my hope and desire that I will be able to converse and understand reo.  I am realistic and understand this will take time but I am well on the journey.
2.     DIVE IN
I am diving in.  Having completed Te Reo Puāwai Maori I am determined to stay on the learning roller coaster!
3.     FIND A PARTNER
Hmmm, who I wonder will be my reo partner?  Maybe it will be Sarah?
4.     KEEP IT RELEVANT
I am absolutely determined and committed to making it relevant and manageable.  This course breaks it nicely into chunks for me and I am determined to bring it into my work roll daily.
5.     HAVE FUN WITH IT
There is no doubt at all that I have fun with it.  I am extremely grateful to Gemma for the fun factor she brings to this learning journey too.
6.     ACT LIKE A CHILD
In some ways this is not at all a challenge because I love to respond with wonderment and awe, as I hear and learn the language.  But I am increasingly challenged to be child like with attempts, repeats, and do get frustrated with myself.  I am certainly working on this. 
7.     LEAVE YOUR COMFORT ZONE
Agh, my comfort zone is a distant memory and this perhaps will be my greatest opportunity to really move my learning on.
8.     LISTEN
I love listening to the spoken reo and I am listening to the podcasts regularly.  The challenge is for me to repeat my learning.
9.     WATCH PEOPLE TALK
I love watching Gemma speak and I think watching the spoken language helps me shape the sounds and words…. I will keep watching…
10. TALK TO YOURSELF
Teehee… I am doing this… I often giggle as I hear myself repeating phrases…
(Bonus tip) RELAX! – RELAX – indeed I need to relax and keep at it…


I am committing to keeping up with this course.  I am sharing my learning on my blog and also curating links in my reo page on my blog.  Woohoo – exciting journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment