Monday, March 30, 2020

Day 5 wobbles... or shakes... or what on earth is that feeling...


WOW what a day. I feel slightly discombobulated today...
I started the day with a run, and only a few metres in I was aware of a niggling ankle and realise I really have gone too hard, too fast. So I had to back it off a lot and walked the steps, then run the loop back to the steps. Even though I was slower, I managed four loops then ran back home, so it's all progress. 
All too soon, it was the start of the working week and we dived headlong into meetings. It really is challenging, working as normal when my bubble buddy is home and not working. I was very excited to check on his progress in a break - truly we are going to be able to eat of the garage floor by the end of this time in ISO.

My garden bench space has never looked so good. New shelves and draws for my nature's collections, and florist papers, and ribbons... agh a thing of beauty. But nothing like the next find, which I didn't even know I had... This is a small log book of my Dads. (Dad passed on 1 June 1997.) 




The entries on this page are on the day of my birthday. See the note - Annual leave. Dad and Mum took my brother to Aunty Margarets in Pounawea and on the way home, I arrived... hence having Balclutha on my birth certificate despite never living there. To see his handwriting after all these years was surreal. He had such distinctive handwriting, and I loved the way he formed his numbers... He was methodical, precise and took real pride in his work. Agh so many memories right here. What a taonga. 

Dinner was a real, delicious treat, fish pie. Bit of a disaster, absolutely destroyed the first batch of spinach - burnt to a crisp while I was concentrating in a meeting... but got there eventually. Boiling the pot with baking soda and a ton of elbow grease and it is almost as good as new... 



Now for my next job... I found all of the coconut yoghurt jars I have been storing! Peeling off the labels, they are all about to go into the dishwasher and I am going to sort the pantry like never before... watch this space. 


Birthday cake baked, out of the often, ready for decorating tomorrow... 


And, finally, when the rest of the world is putting bears in windows... I'm putting bears on the line. We live a long way off the road so no point putting bears up. But today we found bags of the kids soft toys. Many loads through the washing machine later and they are all out there drying... 


So, the end of day five, feeling calmer, now that I have settled and captured the day. Lots to be grateful for indeed... 


No comments:

Post a Comment