Five positives of education in New Zealand
1. Small, smart sassy country - good and smart strategic choice by migrants to make this place the best that it can be.
2. Values skills and education
3. diverse and culturally aware set of communities! Amazing progress in our responsiveness to diversity. Moving from being culturally aware to being culturally responsive
4. Self managing, determining education system.
5. Great architecture - elegant system and machinery allowing us to be as good as we can be.
Using smart technology to its full potential as an analogy to using our smart education system to its full potential.
Five positives of education leadership in New Zealand
1. The people, the leaders, the ones who manage the individual school ecosystems
2. We provide rich, broad, deep, engaging programmes for our learners
3. The ways we embrace information, evidence and inquiry - developing individual learning programme.
4. Change - the challenge and opportunities it brings.
5. The environment - modern learning practices. Connecting to, engaging with our whanau.
A personal thank you and acknowledgment to all involving in teaching, leading and learning in New Zealand.
Challenge - to see and connect the chapters of learning... from sector to sector. We must navigate new pathways. Our success is in the transitions between our sectors.