Thursday, April 7, 2011

Auckland Day 4

Today I had my first visit to a High School on this tour. I negotiated the Auckland Traffic with the help of Navman and made it to Botany Downs Secondary College. What an AMAZING school. It is so far removed from my experience of secondary school - yes, I know that wasn't yesterday, but visiting Botany Downs was like stepping into the future. It is open, spacious, modern and is a buzz of learning. If you get a chance to visit - grab it!
I had the privilege of a tour of the school with my friend Becca T. from my home town, then spent time in the textiles suite and the art suite. There were so many highlights it is hard to record them all... I was in awe of the Microsoft Partnership, the learning buzz, the motivation and engagement of the students, the resources, the whanau groupings... and so much more! The learners were communicative and eager to share their learning journey with me, both verbally and through their learning journals. Pat on the back to the parents, primary schools and Intermediates who lit the flame of learning in these students and congratulations to Botany Downs Secondary College for keeping it burning brightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment