Thursday, March 13, 2014

Back to Christchurch!


Driving back to Christchurch with my girl yesterday was a wonderful journey.  We took our time, enjoyed the sights and stopped at Riverstone kitchen for a scrumptious lunch!!!  A walk around the gardens, and the shops followed, and we even checked out progress on the castle!
We arrived back in Christchurch in time for me to ‘check into the flat’ and head out for a ‘family’ birthday.  What a wonderful meal and great fun catching up.  At one stage during the night, a rather intoxicated man walked past our table swinging a set of car keys.  I did what I thought was the right thing at the time and followed him out the door to make sure he wasn’t going to drive away.  To my surprise he got in the drivers seat after quite an effort to unlock the car and his partner got in the passenger seat.  After getting ‘back-up’ from the table I was brave enough to knock on the window and ask him for his car keys.  To my delight and surprise he handed over the keys and left the car.  His partner locked the car up and they left with friends in another car without any scene or agro!  What is it going to take to get the message through?  What is it we need to do to ensure drunks are not on our roads… How can we empower our learners of today to make decisions that will keep us safe?

No comments:

Post a Comment