Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Literacy Update 12 March 2014


Kia ora tātou,
Autumn I love you!  This week has seen better weather than through parts of summer.  I am loving seeing the change in the colours and am really missing time in a class as Autumn is one of my favourite times.  We would always pile up the autumn leaves and throw them up for photos.  It was also a great time to look at where we had come to from the beginning of the year and set some focused goals.  

“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” ― Albert Camus

Check out the conversation developing around the question How do I get my akonga/students to effectively evaluate our classroom programme; my teaching and their learning? What can you add to this discussion?

Last week I had the pleasure of working with a group of educator who indicated they thoroughly enjoyed the weekly updates.  I would love to hear what you would like more of, less of and suggestions you have for these updates please.  

Literacy Online Book Recommendations list continues to grow. Thanks to a recommendation from the mailing list, I have added  Effective Writing Instruction - Evidence Based Classroom Practices by Alison Davis.  Who has used it?  How have you used it with your learners? What can you share?

The literacy online vln group continues to grow. This week I invite you to check out the digital literacy page.  What can you use, share, add to this site? Also check out the discussion around Raising achievement for below students in Reading and Writing.  I can’t wait to see this grow as we share our successes and challenges.   

Our community newsletter is now online.  

Other sites to check out:

Conferences:
NZLA - the 37th New Zealand Literacy Association Conference. Register now at  www.nzla.org.nz
CLESOL- the 14th National Conference for Community Languages and ESOL. Register now at http://www.clesol.org.nz/

Ngā mihi nui
Anne Kenneally
Literacy Online Facilitator
CORE Education
@LiteracyOnline2
To post to the list email: literacy@lists.tki.org.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment