Saturday, August 28, 2021

K for Kowhai - Day 11 Alert Level 4

 K for Kowhai...

I just love looking out my window and seeing the feeding frenzy taking place on the Kowhai. It seems as if it is being engulfed by the birds earlier this year as it is barely flowering. 


Out to the garden early and oh what a wonderful surprise checking on the seeds. It looks like I have a fabulous strike of asters and peas. 



Next up on the gardening agenda, was a trim of our native weeping Pussy Willow (Salix caprea 'Pendula'). What started as a little tidy up to remove the dead branches underneath, quickly turned into a literal overhaul. 



Truly opening this up was wonderful, and I water blasted the sticky sap off it. Fingers crossed we don't have the wasp problem this year. (And fingers crossed it survives the very harsh prune back.)


It is so awesome to see the magnolia bursting into life. And the hyacinth clumps are starting to flower. 



Then it was time for a little water blasting of steps and paths. Oh how I love water blasting...






It really is so rewarding to see the difference. 


All too soon it was time for driveway drinks. We were very sensible and kept a very safe distance apart. Even the driveway ducks kept their distance. 


So I started the day enjoying the birds in our kowhai tree and I finished the day soaking my kowhai seeds ready for planting. 


And we finished the night with a stunning port roast... YUMMO


No comments:

Post a Comment