Friday was up and away to our Google Masterchef session with our Google gals, Fiona, Tania, Tara and Helen. This session got me all googly and I see google apps as a real turning point in my collaborative learning journey. Thanks for a magic session girls.
Ulearn11 concluded with a keynote from Simon Breakspear and before we were prepared for it Ulearn11 drew to a close. Reluctant to leave the friends, the atmosphere, the fun, we successfully conquered a very challenging geocache and headed for a last lunch together at Lime.
After dropping Jo and Lynda back to their motel Claire and I again became tourists and headed up to the blue and green lakes.
This trip really has been a magic blend of work and play, learning and socialising, and soaking up the atmosphere of Rotorua.
A truly magical experience…
Thanks to Core Education, #Ulearn11 is blazing the fire within me…
My takeaways are:
- He Tangata, he tangata, he tangata (quoting @TarncNZ), it really is all about the people, connecting and relating;
- Online is fantastic, preparing, supporting and enabling so much more in the offline world (quoting @kmelhuish)
- Meet, connect, socialise, interact with anyone and everyone,
- Fully engage in the experience,
- Googly is good – (quoting the Google Gals) – I truly can’t wait to develop google sites to support my blended learning environment for 2012;
- Collaborate – by sharing google docs we have a wealth of resource material,
- Pace yourself…
- Reflect on each session – what does this mean for me, for my learners, how can I adapt or apply this,
- Discuss your thoughts with others to really heighten your opportunities to synthesize learning.