Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Reflecting and goal setting...

Today I read a blog post by Justin Tarte

What I envision for education...


It got me thinking a lot about what I envisage for education!  It also got me thinking about how little I have been blogging lately.  I find it increasingly frustrating that when I am incredibly busy I don't make time for reading and blogging.  I know that when I am busy that is the very time I should be reflection and sharing my thoughts on my blog, so I am spending time tonight reflection, goal setting and blogging.


To look forward though, it is essential for me to look back and reflect on my thoughts and goals from the start of 2013.



A new chapter is the blog post for me to reflect on.  As I read this post I celebrate the MAGIC of the year's journey with CORE and look forward to my CORE birthday on 28th January 2014.  Looking back over my dreams and goals for 2013 I am in awe of the journey!  I have learnt more, networked more and been challenged more than I dreamed possible. I have travelled more than I ever have in my life previously, around New Zealand and overseas!  In fact, there have been very few weeks this year where I have been at home for the week.  I have participated in more PD this year than I have in the total of my thirteen years in education. I have increased my use of my ipad, iphone and Mac Book Pro exponentially and am now a total apple convert! 
My commitment to my fitness has been a mixed bag, and I am delighted that I am back training for the Stadium to Surf and thoroughly enjoying cycling, tennis and getting back into running and gym sessions.  
My dream to increase my scrapbooking has failed miserably with not a single venture or page completed... and I have almost lost some of my enthusiasm for this hobby, but I know that when the time is right I will return to scrapbooking.  
My goal to spend time filming Mum and recording her story has not really come to fruition.  My dear Mum had a fall on the 28th of January 2013 and as a result of injuries and her time incapacitated she has been unable to return home. She now lives in care in my home town and I am privileged to be able to spend time with her everyday I am in town.  In a way I am privileged to spend more time with her than ever and we have just celebrated Christmas and her birthday with all of the children and grandchildren together for the first time in eight years!
Work life balance has been an area I am really continuing to be challenged with.  I LOVE MY JOB and because of this love it is incredibly easy to be seduced into spending more and more time connected and learning.  I really am committing to less time online outside work hours. 
Yes, 2013, you were a beautiful year! Just a few of the many highlights:
  • Joining the CORE family
  • Travelling around New Zealand
  • Facilitating and working alongside incredible educators in Otago and Southland
  • Continuous professional development
  • Presenting at Ulearn, conferences, school groups, and more
  • Travelling to Paris
  • Touring Italy
  • Holidaying in Singapore
  • Celebrating a significant birthday
  • Learning, sharing and growing with my wonderful PLN!
I am sharing my 5 favourite photos from 2013! (oops sorry... I just couldn't stop at 5...)
CORE Education photo
Stadium to Surf 10km run complete - smiling all the way! 
Pont des Arts bridge across River Seine
Gondola ride in Venice
Trying to straighten the Leaning Tower of Pisa!
Sailing around Cinque Terre
Celebrating my birthday at 1altitude at the Top of Singapore!
Birthday celebrations with my family!
Altogether for Christmas!
Holidaying in Cromwell with family!

Well that is more than enough for this post!  Check back tomorrow for my post on what I envision for education....

And maybe the next day for my goals for 2014....








1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful year you have had, Anne! I am looking forward to hearing about your reflections and visions! :)

    ReplyDelete