Thursday, May 7, 2020

Day 43 - YUSSSSS we are going to be allowed domestic travel at level 2

Up and started the day with F45 Panthers. So so grateful to the team for keeping this going. 


Stunning light on the hills today...

Another working day of almost back to back Zoom hui. So awesome to see how creative and innovative educators are getting. We have moved through the coping phase and are now seeing real opportunities for cross curricular DEEP learning. 

Oh my goodness, shopping to report... yesterday my merino samples arrived from Fabric Store and today I phoned in my order. Imagine my surprise when they said it would be ready at 1pm today, so I went for a drive in my lunch break. I actually went into Dunedin, into the CBD... how very weird to be out and about. The scary thing is it was busy, there was a lot of traffic on the road and cars everywhere. I got the store, phoned that I was outside and they put my order outside the door... how cool is that. Oh imagine my delight when I looked in the bag... delicious pieces of merino... in golds, navys and greys.... It now all out on the line, having been washed and preshrunk.  VERY generous cuts too thanks Fabric Store. 

After work I took time for a quiet walk around the garden. I am in awe of the progress Grant has made getting rid of the piles of garden rubbish, he has worked tirelessly for days... I really can't wait to get back in the garden this weekend. I can also hardly believe the change this week... a couple of windy days and most of the leaves have now fallen...


Loving the flush of new growth on the miniature kowhai Judith bought me when Mum passed. 





Agh the leaves are falling so quickly as autumn slips towards winter...


Delicious dinner... vege fest.... 


Showing how quickly the leaves have turned and fallen over the past two weeks... 

NOW to the MOST EXCITING news... today at 1pm Jacinda Ardern announced some of the detail of a move to level two, and we can resume domestic travel... honestly, tears snuck out my eyes... our family can come together again.... 


Oh my goodness, we are coming through this... one day, one step at a time, NZ, led by Jacinda Ardern and team... #amazing

Today's lesson: trust, believe... now for making sure we stay safe... 




No comments:

Post a Comment