Recently I read and commented on Nathaniel's post -
My comment on his post got me thinking and got me digging into the stats on my site and I was surprised to see my most visited post ever is this one from the 20th of September 2011.
With over 1100 views I determined it was well worth a re-read. WOW - it sure was worth it! This was nearing the end of my Study year thanks to TeachNZ and I was completing my Master's of Educational Leadership as well as papers in e-learning. I was preparing for a return to class to 'live' the theoretical journey I had been on.
I am extremely grateful for a number of things right now:
- Uber grateful to Dave Young who supported me on the journey to blogging, which affords the real privilege of locating yourself back in time and re-living, re-visiting and reflecting on experiences;
- Incredibly grateful to my Mum who inspired me to a journey in the education field;
- So appreciative of my family who support me and inspire me daily;
- So grateful to Keith Vial who was my Year 8 teacher who opened the world for me and made me realise that teachers can empower learners to 'reach for the stars';
- So appreciative of all the students I studied with, who enriched my lives back then and continue to do so with our regular catchups;
- Grateful for all the educators who share their journey and inspire their learners;
- So incredibly in awe of all my CORE colleagues who support, encourage and challenge me constantly;
- Grateful for technology that allows us to connect and network and share our reflections across time and space and benefit from the reflections of others;
- Appreciative of all the educators and learners I have the privilege of working with - you enrich my life daily!
Through reflection and experience we can take surface knowledge all the way through to deep and significant learning.