Friday, April 24, 2020

Day 30 - furry eyeball

Yesterday ended with a sore head and fuzzy eyes.

This morning I woke with a big furry, fuzzy white patch in front of my left eye, and a constant tick...

After an hour it was obvious this was here to stay so I took the day as sick leave, I simply can't work on a laptop today. 

A very quiet day followed, reading, looking through photos and relaxing. I was so excited to find a whole lot of treasures that I hadn't seen for the longest time. I was especially excited to find my books. So many memories from my childhood are tied up in the books I was read by Mum over the years, and the books I went on to read independently. 


Later in the day, after a feeling of being totally cooped up, we headed out for a walk.  Wow, it has been years since I have walked right up Friend's Hill. It really does have stunning views, and a steep climb. I was quite surprised how busy it was. And I was also acutely aware of how annoying my eye is. I definitely am not feeling the best today. 











I giggle when I look at the Fitbit map of our walk. That gives no indication whatsoever of the steep climb, and steep descent.  A search online shows it is 360metres above sea level... 

That saying sure is true: these best views come after the steepest climbs. 


Tonight I got a FaceBook message asking about how I had created my profile pic with the bubble. I shared the link, and made this one of little guy... This is just how I feel... he is safe and well in his bubble, but it is sooooo hard, that he is out of reach. What we would give for a cuddle. It really is cray to think he hugs the phone and kisses the phone now as we communicate online. Agh that first hug is going to be so good...

Today's lesson: be very grateful for technology that allows us to connect... 



No comments:

Post a Comment