Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Day seven - calmly does it...

WOW, just WOW. I am supposed to be on leave today still, but a couple of things came up so I have ended up working half a day. 

I love that Grant and I are literally now visible in our bubble... 

This was created so simply using a free photo editor photo 360 
I am thinking a lot about the word rāhui, as I share this image. This really is a time to calm, reset, and be gentle and kind. I love the image of the hands holding the precious bubble... as indeed, all of our bubbles are so precious at this time. As we rest and calm, we are seeing incredible evidence of positive effects, from air pollution in China, to life in the Venice waterways. There are so many posts to read, so I'm just linking one example.


Evidence of a change is HUGE in our own backyard. There is such a significant reduction in noise pollution with virtually no airplanes, and very little traffic on the roads, there is an increasing volume of birdsong. And last night we were serenaded by owls under the moonlight. We have had an abundance of fantails trailing us as we garden and today we had one come right inside with us. Now I know for Mum who was ornithophobic, and Dad, who was incredibly superstitious, this would have beena very bad sign. However I think it was awesome that this little guy just wanted to be in our bubble for a while. (Safely outdoors again now...)


This morning we were privileged to have a Tātai Pūmanawa Session on Manaakitanga. WOW what an incredible session. We heard stories, generously shared, to actually transform the word from letters and sounds, to an etching on our hearts. Thanks so much team for this truly gentle calming session... 


At lunchtime today, the amazing Madeline and I had the opportunity to share a fun session, looking at us all now as work orphans, being in Tari Mai Tawhiti, which has for a long time now been CORE's fourth office. 
We invited colleagues in for a whimsical distraction, re-connecting with the imaginary worlds of childhood memories. We had fun using https://www.remove.bg/ to place ourselves in fun scenes... all a bit of fun, and an awesome writing motivator, or fun activity to experience with whānau or class... enjoy!



Rachel and I are also delighted to have our blogpost out. 
Engaging junior learners and whānau from home I'd love to hear your thoughts on the post. Please comment with what resonates with you. Please also comment sharing ideas that are working for you... 


Til tomorrow.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment